Re: Error compiling enchant 1.0 RPM on Red Hat 9

From: msevior@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 18:33:07 EDT

    > On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 08:39:32 at 08:39:32AM -0700, Dom Lachowicz
    > (domlachowicz@yahoo.com) wrote:
    >
    >> Enchant does not need aspell. Enchant needs exactly 0
    >> backends.
    >
    > Now that you mention this, I remember that this was my initial
    > understanding when I came to know about enchant, and the way I wanted to
    > test it with abiword.
    >
    > For this reason, now that I managed to build an RPM to satisfy
    > dependencies, I will:
    >
    > 1) try to rebuild it without *any* backend adding other --disable
    > options (but only after we have solved the libfribidi0 problem
    > mentioned in my other thread): remember that my main goal in this was
    > to find out the very minimum set of ready-made RPMs to have abiword +
    > spell checking + OTS on a really bare-bone RH9 system (meaning only
    > Xfree86 and xterm above the "console-only" apps)
    >
    > 2) leave the pleasure to lead the RPM spec fixing/CVS experiments to
    > Rui (IIRC) which prepared it and is certainly much more skilled than
    > me at that level. Of course, I'll be glad to test and report about
    > any further version of the source RPM.

    I wouldn't rely on Rui to fix anything. He no longer likes RH
    distributions and has stated he will not do any more work for it. You will
    all in likelyhood be the first person to fix these specs for non-gnome
    builds.

    I personally plan to simply steal the rawhide SPEC files and see we can
    get a working generic SPEC file from them.

    Martin