IO Abstraction: was Re: Prototype: AbiWord using libgsf

From: Marc Maurer (j.m.maurer@student.utwente.nl)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 19:03:02 EST

    OK, wild suggestion here:

    Like we abstract our GUI/Event System/Graphic System/etc in 'xp' code
    and implement this abstraction on win32 unix qnx mac etc, we could also
    abstract our *IO system*. We could then implement this abstraction on
    *nix using gsf, and for example on win32 with wininet.dll, etc.

    This would fit very nicely in the general code _structure_ we have now.

    Marc