GNOME Office Web Site

From: Ryan Pavlik (abiryan_at_ryand.net)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 22:59:28 EST

    Hello friends!

    I started a new thread to sort of separate out the "Fedora" mail from
    the GNOME Office mail. As you seem to not have recieved my email from
    about 5 days ago now (Uwog, are we both cursed? I know it got to GO
    list...), I volunteer and have already started working on the new front
    page/branding-type page for Gnome Office. As I could not locate
    original source files for the Abi ant logo, I did redraw it nearly
    identical to the icon as an SVG, "themed" it GNOME-style, and am using
    that on the "splash" of the new site, as it were.

    I will soon (as soon as I figure out how...) be subscribing to the GO
    list, so anyone who wants to help pitch in can throw in their two cents
    and assistance in that list. I think a static, updated-every-so-often
    page would be best at least for the front, but a wiki would be nice for
    some of the documentation/faq, as long as it's kept up to date (the
    hardest part of this whole deal).

    I will be hanging out on the #abiword channel trying to get from the Abi
    people what their view of GNOME Office is (besides a "meta-project" ^_^
      ), so that a competitive, effective product can be presented, rather
    than a general lumpage of a bunch of products at various stages of
    development.

    So anyway, I gratefully accept this opportunity to do one of the things
    I love, web and graphic design, and look forward to helping back up the
    real brains of this (and the other) operation, the developers! Thanks
    good people!

    Ryan

    (PS to anyone who read my old emails, somehow: yes, I think I have this
    email problem mostly licked!)