Re: RFC: 2.3 feature list

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 19:24:17 CET

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 10:35 +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> 1. EndOfBlock strux
> In my view this is an absolute must, and should be among the
> first
> things we do; if nothing else, it will make it possible for the
> user
> to select blocks in an intuitive and unambigious manner.
>
> 2. Pango graphics on *nix
> We have made good progress with support for complex scripts on
> Win32;
> need to catch up on *nix.
>
> 3. Enchant on win32
> I would quite like to see this, to be able to make use of any
> system/other spell-checking libs, just as fjf is doing on the
> Mac,
> but have not investigated the feasibility/real usefulness.
>
> 4. XP framework for Ink support conforming to InkML
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-InkML-20040928/)
> Ink support would be very cool, particularly considering the
> TAbiWord project (see sourceforge).

I'm not really sure of this one.

5. Index support
6. Vector graphics
7. Object embedding

On the back-end side:
1. getting rid of UT_String
2. getting rid of these multiple hash tables
3. unit testing the framework
4. refactor dialogs

Some may be ambitious.

BTW, I'd like to switch to a time based release.

Just my .02$

Hub

--
Crazy French - http://www.figuiere.net/hub/