Re: Countdown to branch?

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Sat Jan 01 2005 - 22:47:18 CET

J.M. Maurer wrote:

> So, that gives me the time to maintain 2.2, which I plan to branch off
> soon then.

Please tag the tree first to set a branchpoint. As tag name use
BRANCHNAME_branchpoint
(if someone has a different name to propose speak up now).
Then in the HEAD sandbox, in the state you like to

cvs tag BRANCHNAME_branchpoint
(for each of the modules)

Eventually you can use rtag, but this assume nobody commit inbetween....

Then

cvs rtag -rBRANCHNAME_branchpoint BRANCHNAME abi
(or whatever the module are)

and voila, you have a branch with a branchpoint.

Then I can start committing unit test to HEAD :-)

If you have any question, don't hesitate.

Hub