Re: 2.4 timetable

From: Tomas Frydrych <tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 09:28:04 CEST

Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> Well, our Mac OS X port has gotten a lot of attention both from users
> and our wonderful Mac developers... It's generally the second-most
> downloaded platform (after Windows), and I think it would be unfair to
> the OS X users to release 2.4 without them. It might come off as the
> AbiWord developers considering Mac users "second class citizens" which
> is not the message we want to send. Just my 0.02USD.

Unfortunately, there has been virtually no work done on Mac on the 2.3
branch in the six months we have been working toward 2.4. It is not
clear to me why the guys choose the work on the 2.2 branch, but the
consequence of that is that as far as 2.4 is concerned, Mac OS X
non-issue for the time of the 2.4 release.

Just to make this very clear: it is not that we are trying to release
too early ignoring the Mac port, but simply that for six months no work
has been done on the HEAD of the Mac, and that it is unfair to everyone
else who has been working hard toward the 2.4 release for the past six
month to have to hold the release indefinitely because this.

Tomas