Re: OASIS OpenDocument Import/Export

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 12:51:24 CEST

On 6/16/05, Daniel d'Andrada Tenório de Carvalho
<daniel.carvalho@indt.org.br> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We at INdT are planning to begin the work on the OASIS OpenDocument
> Import/Export filters. Is there anybody working on that already? If
> there is, how can we work together? (considering that help is wanted)

Thanks for offering your help.
At the moment the code for importing/exporting sxw and odt files is
all thogether in the filter. From your mail i read that you are
interested in odt only. Therefore it would be good if we either test
all odt-related changes with sxw files also, to make sure there are at
least no regressions or - cristmas wish - implement the improvements
for sxw too. Another option would be to fork the importer and merge
changes back to sxw some time (well, noone will realistically do
that).

What do our maintainers think?

We also have the beginnings of an odt "test suite" (well, set of
documents): http://www.abisource.com/~uwog/abiword/odt-testsuite.tar.gz

What's missing in the importer (exporter in even worse condition)
+ Lists
+ Images with text wrapped around
+ Textboxes
+ Headers/Footers