Re: AbiWord is too buggy for Bonita

From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 17 2005 - 20:44:32 CET

Hi Michael,

Your constructive criticism is appreciated.

Unfortunately, we presently lack the manpower (but not
the desire) to clean up our Windows port. We all
realize that this doesn't put our best foot forward,
so to speak, but there's not much we can do about it.
All I can assure you is that the Unix and MacOS ports
suck less and if someone were to help out with Windows
FE bugs, it would suck less too. Absent that, caveat
emptor.

We're not marketing AbiWord as a MSWord killer. If you
find AbiWord useful and would like to use it, great.
If you'd like to lend us a helping hand ($deity knows
we always need one), even better. In the mean time,
we're going to keep on doing our thing because we
enjoy doing it. Ascribing ambitions to us won't get
you anywhere.

Best,
Dom

--- "Michael D. Crawford" <crawford@goingware.com>