Re: Split view and stuff [Re: ambitions of Abi-word]

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_physics.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 01:16:12 CET

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 19:04 +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, Martin Sevior wrote:

<snip>

> > 5. Finish the remaining table features (sort tables rows/columns, repeat
> > rows on different pages).
>
> > 6. Graphical Math editor.
>
> seems like a pretty huge project worthy of a whole other application

Yes. You're right! Luckily for us Luca Padovani (Lead developer of
GtkMathView) has been quietly working on the World's best graphical
maths editor for a while now. It's not clear whether or not it will be
ready for AbiWord-2.6. Interested developers should contact Luca. I'm
sure he'd be happy for more help.

<snip>

> > 13. Split screen.
>
> I assume you mean like a split view both showing differnt parts of the
> same document? (what Gnumeric called Freeze Panes)

Yes. That's right. Marc Maurer (our beloved uwog) has coded a large
fraction of what is needed in his "reveal-codes" patch. He may be
interested in using that code for this feature.