Re: Frank vs. Hubert (was: Re: CVS: commit hub abi/src/wp/ap/cocoa ap_CocoaApp.mm)

From: J.M. Maurer <j.m.maurer_at_student.utwente.nl>
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 21:57:04 CEST

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 22:19 +0300, Omer Zak wrote:
> Can the two esteemed AbiWord developers please move their shouting match
> of personal criticism, insulting, bickering and complaining to personal
> E-mail?

The issues involved are rather important, and I think the wider
community should be aware of the issues around the OSX port.

I for example try to make sure that all new features work on all
platforms for 2.4, and therefor want to hear about such issues.

Now the OSX development has been rather closed from time to time given
the lack of OSX developers, so it is good to communicate problems that
arise there (although the wording could be chosen different, but so be
it).

> I am rather bored and not impressed by word usage by both sides

Sometimes it is needed to tell exactly how you feel in not-so-nice
terms. We are a community and in communities disagreements come up;
especially when some loves the product he is working on, and fearing
that it might go in the wrong direction.

> after
> having been exposed to the much stronger stuff created during the
> confrontation in my country between the pro-disengagement and
> anti-disengagement camps.

... and I kindly ask you to keep political issues off this list :-)

Marc