Re: Localization of Win Installer

From: <sum1_lists_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue May 16 2006 - 00:44:06 CEST

Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> Ok, thanks, but also thanks for the screenshot - it shows that special
> Slovenian characters don't show up properly, see the e with a grave - it
> should actually be c with a caron.
>
> I sent you the file in Win-1250 (Central European) codepage. Maybe
> everything is fine and it will work properly on a OS that has selected
> Slovenian (or any other Central European) language, because if you put a
> c with caron from Win-1250 into standard English Win codepage, you get
> that e with a grave. Especially because "z with caron" displayed OK on
> the screenshot.

Sorry, I believe that was my fault. I had to edit the file to use unix
line endings and to correct one line: ${LSTR} dict_Espanol -> ${LSTR}
dict_Espaņol (otherwise NSIS failed to pick up the string). After
editing it, I mistakenly saved it in Codepage 1252, which is probably
why that error occurred. I tried fixing the file now, but the "ņ"
character seems to disappear when saving into 1250, so I think we need
to use a different encoding?

> If it doesn't work on a Slovenian Windows installation, we will try
> encoding this file with other possible codepages (UTF-8 or ISO-8859-2).
> So, for the time being let's wait for the nightly build with the checked
> in translation - I will try the set tomorrow and report back here.

Those nightly builds use the STABLE tree. I only committed your
translation to HEAD, so the change still needs to be backported to
STABLE. After this problem is fixed, I can upload an installer if you'd
like to test it. Thanks.