Re: CVS: commit robsta abi/src/text/fmt/xp fv_View.h fv_VisualDragText.h

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 24 2007 - 11:27:27 CET

On 1/24/07, Tomas Frydrych <tf@o-hand.com> wrote:

[...]

> Ok, it will be really great to have this, and I appreciate you guys
> working on it, but I think code that deals with dragging text outside
> of the application and interfacing with the OS dnd mechanism should not
> go into text/fmt but somewhere into af/xap (or wp/ap), with a suitable
> xp interface that the layout engine (text/fmt) can be hooked into through.

Agreed, I'm pondering a suitable place. Traditionally such platform
dependent stuff (e.g. dnd from outside) has been put into the Frame
classes, but I'd really like to get rid of abiword internals depending
on all sorts of stuff in the Frame. Maybe the AbiWidget would be the
correct place, what do you think?

- Rob