Re: CVS: commit robsta abi/src/text/fmt/xp fv_View.h fv_VisualDragText.h

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 08:55:27 CET

Robert Staudinger wrote:

> On 1/24/07, Tomas Frydrych <tf@o-hand.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Ok, it will be really great to have this, and I appreciate you guys
>> working on it, but I think code that deals with dragging text outside
>> of the application and interfacing with the OS dnd mechanism should not
>> go into text/fmt but somewhere into af/xap (or wp/ap), with a suitable
>> xp interface that the layout engine (text/fmt) can be hooked into
>> through.
>
> Agreed, I'm pondering a suitable place. Traditionally such platform
> dependent stuff (e.g. dnd from outside) has been put into the Frame
> classes, but I'd really like to get rid of abiword internals depending
> on all sorts of stuff in the Frame. Maybe the AbiWidget would be the
> correct place, what do you think?

Rob, just leave it in the FV_UnixVisualDrag as you intended, and when
you have the code working, we can take another look at it and decide if
the nature of it is such that it would merit from moving the platform
parts somewhere else (I take Martin's point that this way we can easily
turn it off if we run into major problems by just flipping that #ifdef.)

Tomas