Re: about the dic path

From: Urmas D. <davian818_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2011 - 13:32:33 CEST

Chen Xiajian:

> today I encountered a problem about that abiword can't find my dic in Enchant
>
> [5]("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
> Settings\Application Data\enchant\ispell\british.hash","C:\Documents
> and Settings\Administrator\enchant\ispell\british.hash",
> "f:\abiword\gsoc2011hyphenation\abiword\msvc2008\Debug\share\enchant\ispell\british.hash",

"f:\abiword\gsoc2011hyphenation\abiword\msvc2008\Debug\dictionary\british.hash",
> "f:\abiword\gsoc2011hyphenation\abiword\msvc)
>
> so I need to add the path "\Debug\dictionary\ispell\british.hash".
> Is there some other solve way? Help to give some suggestion for the
> abiword developer

You should use <InstallDir>\dictionary\hyph_xxYY.dic for your
hyphenation dictionaries; also all these directories above should be
checked, except "ispell" part should be replaced with "hyphen" or something.

Also, you didn't explain yet why you're trying to combine different
programs in one module. How hyphenation rule file for libhyphen or
similar project is related to ispell and its hash files? What if I don't
have a German hash file, but German rule file? The ispell dictionary
will fail to load, and hyphenation in German will not work too. Or did I
get it all wrong?