Scripting

Paul Prescod (paul@prescod.net)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 05:48:42 -0600

I notice that ABIWord is scheduled to use Javascript scripting. I would
like to beg that you either use Python as KOffice does or (even better)
use a technology that will allow multiple scripting languages to be
plugged in (CORBA or some future variant of COM/XPCOM?).

JavaScript is just so painful and Python is so beautiful.

No, I probably won't back up this suggestion with code. It is just a
suggestion and you are free to take it or leave it.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Perpetually obsolescing and thus losing all data and programs every 10 years (the current pattern) is no way to run an information economy or a civilization." - Stewart Brand, founder of the Whole Earth Catalog http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/10124.html