Re: Outlook Equivalent?

Michael K Vance (mkv102@psu.edu)
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 09:19:07 -0400

"J. Patrick Narkinsky" wrote:

> Does ABI have any plans to do an Outlook-like program? I ask because, at
> least where I work, this is rapidly becoming a killer app. I suspect
> others are in the same boat.

Unrelated to Abi, the GNOME project is jump-starting work on Balsa, the e-mail
client, right now. We're of course looking at Outlook for ideas (though I
don't think it's a very good program).

> It seems to me that an outlook-like programe could benefit greatly from
> having AbiWord to provide the editing infrastructure and so on. How well
> adapted is the XP framework ABI is using to this?

I don't know what we're using for the editing functionality right now. I
expect a Gtk widget. I'll suggest it to the Balsa list, though.

m.

--
"How wonderful! How mysterious!
 I carry wood! I draw water!"