Re: An opinion on C++ key bindings

Drazen Kacar (dave@srce.hr)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:29:10 +0200

Paul Rohr wrote:

> PS: I've also seen several posts from people who sound willing to code but
> are worried they don't know enough C++ to help. Trust me, we try very hard
> to keep our usage of C++ to a small, highly-portable subset. If you're very

Hm... 0.5.3 tarball:

"../../util/xp/ut_hash.h", line 63: Error: UT_HashTable::UT_HashEntryListNode is not accessible from UT_HashTable::UT_HashBucket.
1 Error(s) detected.

That happens with Sun's C++ 5.0. I don't have the faintest idea about the
meaning of it, but I suppose you'll know.

> comfortable with C and that's your only obstacle, let us know what feature
> you're interested in and we'll point you at the relevant code so you can see
> for yourself whether it's really that bad.

It is. I've looked at the assembly code produced by C++ compilers. :-)

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.