RE: Scripting

Gavin Thomas Nicol (gtn@eps.inso.com)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:37:44 -0400

> We generally agree that scripting is a Good Thing (Melissa
> notwithstanding).
> Like some others here, JavaScript would not be my first choice either.

The problem with JavaScript, TCL, Python, VBScript. and other such
languages, is that they do not easily lend themsevles to static analysis
nor do they provide a good security model. This is a Bad Thing(tm).

DHTML demonstrates what a poxy abomination arbitrary script can be.
Last time I saw such rampant self-modifying code was in a virus...