Re: Suggestion:: AbiEdit project

Larry Kollar (kollar@stc.net)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 07:19:40 -0400

ArcadePreserv Center wrote:

>I have yet to find a good editor for windows....
>
>What I would want is an editor that has versions for both windows and Linux,
>which I could use both at work and at home, and which I could contribute
>code too, so since Abi already has AbiWord and AbiCalc, whynot also an
>AbiEdit project ?

I think vim would fit the bill. It runs on Linux, MacOS, and that other
platform; has several improvements over the original vi; it's small and
fast; and (one of vi's original features) you can pipe all or part of your
file through a command-line program/filter, replacing it with the output.
And of course, it's free. See www.vim.org for all the gory details. I
think they have Windows binaries as well.

Larry