Re: commit -- Patch for HTML export (bug#461?)

Subject: Re: commit -- Patch for HTML export (bug#461?)
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 13:32:21 CST

> It will turn lots of boxes green, and that is what needs to happen. For
> those who missed it, http://www.abisource.com/feature_matrix.html is the
> coolest AbiWord related URL you have ever seen. (Well, it is if you are
> the QA guy).

On the Doc importer front:
1. text-position will be coming very soon.
2. I'm not sure what orphans and widows refers to, exactly.
3. tabstops means custom tab settings, right? If so, that's actually a
"bug" as I have code to generate the tabs in the ruler.
5. columns is just support for multicolumn sections, right? I believe that
works.
6. I'm not quite sure what section-space-after is.

Images, breaks, and fields are pretty easy (well, once you get an image
buffer from wv). Mostly just requires implementing the special character
handler.

Styles are straight-forward, but require a bunch of annoyingly mundane
code changes. Although, I guess I'm not sure what to do with styles from
Word which do not have an AbiWord equivalent (ie. custom user styles). I
can create new styles as I'm importing, right?

Headers and footers: I'm not sure what support wv has for these yet. How
do I know a section is a header/footer? Caolan?

Justin