Re: word importer (was Re: commit -- Patch for HTML export (bug#461?))

Subject: Re: word importer (was Re: commit -- Patch for HTML export (bug#461?))
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 18:08:44 CST

At 05:39 PM 12/5/99 -0600, Stephen Hack wrote:
>I'll have the formatter support pretty soon for the different type of tabs.

Cool!

>What is the plan for tables? Is that a pre-1.0 or a post 1.0 feature?

The current plan for 1.0 is to ship as soon as we've implemented and
debugged all the existing menu items. The thought was that that made a
coherent, useful feature set that many people could happily use.

We deliberately held a bunch of more "advanced" features for subsequent
releases. For example, tables are likely to be a big job -- the UI for them
is very complex -- and we've still got a number of other 1.0 features to
crank through first (lists, fields, headers and footers, symbols, etc.).

Paul