Re: suggestions & observations

michael@surfnetcity.com.au
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 08:27:05 +1000

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 11:22:54AM -0500, Shaw Terwilliger wrote:

> The question that remains for me is how to do this. Personally,
> I don't like applications which tack on anything to the file name
> after I've typed it. If I typed "foo" I want "foo", nothing else.
> The Gimp, and other helpful applications, will (during save time,
> in the dialog) append the proper suffix to your string ("foo")
> _if_ you explicitly select a file type from the drop down list.
> I would be in favor of having AbiWord do similar.

Auto-complete; type in the filename, when you first click OK, and it doesn't
end in .abw, it will append .abw to the end (highlighted), and wait for a
second OK before appending it to the end.

Have some kind of flag there that specifies whether to do so, so we can use
that feature only for the default file save, and not when you specify another
format. (And have it as a pref too)

--
-- Michael Samuel <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>