Re: AbiWord 0.5.2

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:31:38 -0600

i'm not sure what to do....

on NT, there's a \WINNT\Profiles\jeff\Application Data\
directory. but i've yet to find system call to give me
that pathname -- surely i don't have to guess/construct
this one myself....

on 95/98 there's the windows-system and the windows
directory.

on a network-install, some of those directories are
on the server and some are local.

if AbiWord is installed on the network server, you
won't have write access to the directory.

there should be one file per user -- not that any of these
OS'es are multi-user systems, but sometimes they try to be....

there's the registry -- just say no!

any thoughts or suggestions anyone ??
jeff