Re: some graphic support, extra subdir, extra files...

Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:17:28 -0500

At 9:16 AM +0000 11/23/99, Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > In the meantime, ImageMagick support wmf files based on some
> >code from a little "hack" called wmf2gif ;).
>
>yeah, but wmf2gif looses the vectorness of the original wmf.

I know, just wanted to needle you a bit...

>My belief is
>that plotutils can be used as a drawing api for the libwmf library giving
>me conversions into other vector formats for free.

Probably true. Plotutils looks like an interesting library
for doing vector-based drawing, and it's output support is definitely
a plus. It might be interesting to combine it with ps2edit
(<http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/1958/pstoedit/>) for
producing even more formats!

The other option might be to simply go direct from WMF->SVG
using WMF2SVG (<http://www.blackdirt.com/graphics/svg/>). It looks a
bit rough, but might be a good starting point.

LDR

You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol Internet: leonardr@lazerware.com
America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65