Re: some graphic support, extra subdir, extra files, loads of Ma

Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:39:16 -0000 (GMT)

On 22-Nov-99 Havoc Pennington wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Caolan McNamara wrote:
>> clean api. I believe that gnome is using it itself as a replacement
>> for the internals of the existing imlib thing, which usually falls
>> back to the netpbm tools for most of its conversions.
>>

>We aren't, we just have a simple library that has loadable modules for
>each of the major image formats. It's just a trivial thing, 3000 lines of
>code total. The only annoying part is that libgif doesn't do progressive

Where does GdkMagick (http://home.earthlink.net/~lightmanaj/GdkMagick/)
fit into the whole picture. I was under the incorrect assumption that it
had been gnome blessed and moved into a core position as a replacement
for imlib. Funny where I get these ideas sometimes. What I wish doesn't
always happen I suppose :-)

C.

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
Use 'unqualified' people