SV: Find/Replace Broken

Subject: SV: Find/Replace Broken
From: Henrik Berg (henrik@lansen.se)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 15:13:35 CST

> Somewhere along the line from 0.5 -> 0.7 find/replace
> got broken. I just noticed this implementing the
> replace dialog on the photon port, that the replace
> incorrectly inserts the new text string at the
> start of the line, rather than in it's proper position
> in the line.

It didn't looked realy like that when I tested it. I had the block removed mixed up with the new block inserted. But the missing _generalUpdate() can have a lot of nasty side effects.

> Does this patch that you have just mentioned fix this
> behaviour? It happens on all platforms so I'm willing
> to bet that there is a missing chunk of code in some
> xap section.

The ctrl-backspace bug, fixed by Bruce, did for leave large parts unupdated and the cursor in the wrong possition, together with segfault if ctrl-backspace was pressed at begining of line.

I would say _generalUpdate() does so much correct, that it hard to tell what is fixed and not. I would say, test the new code and se how it works. The new code is only the call to _generalUpdate() in _findReplace, so you could comment it and try the difference.

--hb