Re: Prep for AbiWord 0.7.10 - Slight BeOS update..

Subject: Re: Prep for AbiWord 0.7.10 - Slight BeOS update..
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 19:52:53 CDT

At 08:48 AM 6/13/00 -0400, Ben Hall wrote:
>Anyway, that's where that stands.. does anyone at Sourcegear work on the
>BeOS port, ot is it a community (Thomas) development? For what it's
>worth, if I were releasing 0.7.0, I wouldn't release a BeOS binary at
>this point in time.. (maybe a new 0.79 release when I get the save
>thing right, though..)

Nobody at SourceGear currently works on the BeOS port, nor do we intend to.
 From the beginning, we decided to actively maintain Linux and Windows
ports, and let the chips fall where they may. If the Be community cares,
so will we. If not, we won't either. We will be sad, but like the Mac
port, we don't intend to prop up an OS nobody else cares about enough to
invest some time in. Now, should someone such as yourself start to make
some improvements, I will help you in every way I can; testing, bug
tracking, builds, and notification to sites when new releases are cut. In
the meantime, send in a patch, and we will check it out and get it
committed.

This philosophy makes my life easy, particularly when somebody ask for a
version for something like OS/2. :-)

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist