Cygwin 1.1.0 build problems, a clue

Subject: Cygwin 1.1.0 build problems, a clue
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 19:59:13 CDT

Thanks to some help, we now have a line on why AbiWord does not build under
CYGWIN 1.1.0. Apparently, pwd in Cygwin 1.1.0 returns

/cygdrive/c/path/to/source

whereas old versions of Cygnus reported

c:/path/to/source

In the makefiles, we set $ABI_ROOT to 'pwd'. This if fine from Cygwin's
point of view, but no Windows applications, particularly cl, the actualy
Visual C executable can use it.

So the question is, does anybody know of a way to fix this? The only idea
I had was to change every assignment of $ABI_ROOT and pipe it through sed
to strip out the /cygdrive part, but that just seems WAY to silly.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist