Re: integrating bidi (was Re: version 1.0)

Subject: Re: integrating bidi (was Re: version 1.0)
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 15:14:38 CST

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 08:56:11PM -0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> The one thing that would make this number immediately smaller
> would be if we could agree to change the signature of the
> findPointCoords functions to that required by bidi; this is
> responsible for the worst and most confusing #ifdef's.

It looks the the current signature is:

 virtual void findPointCoords(UT_uint32 iOffset, UT_sint32& x,
        UT_sint32& y, UT_sint32& height);

What do you want to change it to? This is a change that shouldn't be
too hard.

On second thought, why can't this just be overloaded?

> PS I will make a fresh bidi patch over the weekend.

Sounds good.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/