Re: vote system (was RE: version 1.0)

Subject: Re: vote system (was RE: version 1.0)
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 02:52:42 CST

>> I vote +1 to accept the Apache vote style! (god, that's getting
>> recursive...)

Dom> IIRC, only members of the apache board can vote on issues, and if
Dom> at all possible, I'd like to assure that something like that
Dom> exists here too. Is this system even necessary? I've never seen
Dom> us use it except half-jokingly and also when it was completely
Dom> obivous that everyone would be in favor of doing something. And
Dom> what about platform-specific things? If we don't make rules as to
Dom> who can vote (both in general and on what topics) and other
Dom> issues I consider important -100 me.

Yes, we don't want the same situation as on the linux kernel mailing
list where there's a lot of people who just talk and try to make
decisions but never actually contribute anything real.

IMvHO people should be able to ask for oppinion on whether (and how)
to implement certain features. Having an implementation suggestion
that others can comment on is a good start. With the suggested changes
in hand, go and implement. And it should be pretty much assured that
the patch will get accepted.

Don't want lurkers to control the work done on AbiWord. But it usually
doesn't happen in OS projects, simply because patches speak louder
than words :)

Jesper