Re: RFC: iomega active disk

From: Bas (esculpe_at_planet.nl)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 04:35:27 EST

    tomasfrydrych_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote
    --cut--
    > I think we should seriously consider enabling the win32 version for the
    > AD because it would provide us with massive publicity exposure,
    > particularly as with regard to limited capacity portable media AW's
    > small footprint means we could easily be the only fullfeatured
    > wordprocessor usable with the AD techonology (i.e., you could not
    > really run MS Word or OO from 100MB disk, could you?!).

    Hi Tomas, I just read the
    http://europe.iomega-activedisk.com/index.jsp?lang=1 page and saw that
    OO.O is one of the firts products offered by Iomega to be freely
    downloaded for use with Active Disk. So I think Abiword wouldn't be the
    first wordprocessor on Active Disk.
    Bu I personally think it would be a good idea to make Abiword able to
    run with AD.

    --cut--

    > Tomas

    Gr. Bas!