Re: Translation problem

Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 03:40:35 CEST

Renato Pavičić wrote:

> Hi all,
> [...]
>
> This is the reason why I started to localize Opera. It took me 2
> minutes from import to the translation of the first line! Without any
> programming knowledge, additional instalations, setups and without
> days lost in studying programmers instructions. And, WITH my old
> database! And, with import and export!
>
> I have greatest respect for programmers. They do something that I do
> not know how to. But please, if I could have at least the same ammount
> of _understanding_ !

Hello,

I am new around, lurking for the past few days.

I was wondering if Rosetta/Launchpad is being used for translations ?
I'd say that would be pretty easy for any translator to use, although
perhaps not as fast as other tools. I see the Croatian translation there
is at 0%:
https://launchpad.net/products/abiword/+translations

Are the other translations there used at all in Abiword ?

Cheers,

Fabian Rodriguez
Montreal, QC, Canada