Re: suggestions & observations

Brent P. Newhall (gurney@wizard.net)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:39:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Robert Sievers wrote:

> At 09:19 PM 6/29/99 -0500, Joel Schneider wrote:
> >o Why not set the default file extension for saved new files to ".abw"?
>
> This has been done for the Windows version. The change is in CVS, but post
> 0.7.1. For all of UNIX flavors, we left it as is, since the OS does not
> extract additional information about a file from it's extension.
>
> This was our off the cuff answer. Would people want files to automatically
> append a ".abw" to the file name on UNIX?

I would. Document sharing is very important for me, so I'd like that if
just for consistency when shuffling files back and forth between systems.

Brent P. Newhall
Editor of Papyrus, www.papyrus-fiction.com
Official comp.sys.be.help FAQ maintainer, www.other-space.com/be/faq.txt
Personal homepage: www.other-space.com/brent/